Are you ready for the magic that awaits you in 2019…
New Year’s is a special and sacred time. We can feel gratitude for all that we've experienced and celebrate how far we have come. It’s also an invitation to set ourselves up to attract our desires in the coming year. Taking time for ritual is huge for me to reflect on where I have been, get clear on where I am going and allow myself to open more fully to the magic + miracles that await me.
Here is one of my personal favorite rituals to do to usher in the New Year. (Side note: this is not about “changing” yourself or “New Year, New You” but instead about embracing and embodying who you already are. This is a ritual to let pleasure drive you this next year, not pressure) Astrologically, the energy of the new year is potent for the first 7 days so if you can’t find time or space to do this on January 1st, it’s quite alright. Create space to show up for yourself this week to meet what awaits you this year with this powerful ritual:
1) Find a cozy spot. Light your candle, put on your cell on “Spirit Mode”, aka airplane mode. Allow yourself a few moments of digital detox. Clear your space with your incense, sage or palo santo and take 3 deep breaths to center yourself.
2) Begin to breathe into your heart, becoming present in your body and in the moment. Take 5 minutes here in silent meditation, noticing the sensations of your body without judgement (and if you feel judgement arise, see if you can release that too.)
3) Open your journal and begin to free-write to the following prompts, taking as much time as you need:
2018 Blessings Were… (Gratitude is gold. The more you give thanks the more you make room for what the Universe has for you)
2018 Lessons Were… (Taking stock: what happened in the last year was for learning and now can be used for earning)
2018 Ways I Made Myself Proud (Go on, brag on yourself a little. You earned it.)
2018 Thoughts/Behavior/Patterns I Am Letting Go Of (What is weighing you down and no longer part of your story?)
2019 Opportunities and Possibilities (What are the things that LIGHT ME UP?!)
2019 Ways I Will Love Myself Deeper (Make a JOY List of ways to take care of yourself to reference when you need!)
2019 Magic Mantra (One word/phrase to energetically charge the year ahead)
4) After you put your pen down, close your eyes and picture yourself moving through this next year. Hold your crystal in your left hand and let images come through: sensations, colors, feelings. Watch yourself thriving and being present through every delicious moment. After a few moments of this, let your whole body feel it. Spread the energy like honey from the top of your head down to your toes. Rub your hands together and place your hands on your heart and anywhere else on your body that needs a little extra TLC from you.
5) Open your eyes and return to your list. Jot down anything else that came through. Place it in a special space you can come back to often when you need inspiration or as your dreams come to life.
I hope as you looked back on 2018 you started to come to terms with how amazing you actually are. Let this to set the tone for 2019. I hoped releasing what was no longer yours to carry felt extremely liberating. And I hope thinking about what lights you up reminds you life is meant to be juicy and joyful.
Look around you, beautiful. Appreciate what you have. Honor where you are going. Nothing will be the same in a year, I promise you. Amazing changes are coming your way. Trust the process, trust the timing, trust your vision. Make sacred space for yourself often. Allow the magic to work through you. We are looking forward to a cosmically mind-blowing 2019. We will embrace the unknown together, dive deeper into self love and surrender to the infinite possibilities- and take it all one sexy step at a time!